Friday, May 24, 2013

Medical Screening Scheduled



They've scheduled me for June 13th!
I'm very excited to "really" start making things happen.

So let me explain a little of what is happening on the "back side" of our adventure.

As you know I've met my IPs. We have been conversing via e-mail. While I love e-mail, it makes it fairly difficult to cultivate a relationship - but we're doing our best.

I now have a journey coordinator. This is the 3rd person that helps me through the surrogacy process and she will be my, for lack of a better term, assistant for the rest of our adventure.

Of course, I would love to bore you will explaining all the paperwork - travel questions, a surrogacy book (literally 33 pages - it would have been nice to get that week 1), more medical records requests, and so on. LOTS of e-mails... but I love hearing my phone's little "ping!"

Now that we have a date for the medical screening and I have a basic timeline for meds and transfer, I need to start training.

"For what?" you may ask.

For this: http://www.godirtygirl.com/


My friend, Meagan, talked me into this months ago, and I just didn't know how the timeline would turn out. I've got one month. I want to do it. I need to do it. I haven't trained nearly enough for it.

Good news: it's non-competitive (which isn't really my style, but I digress), not timed and only for women. I could walk the thing, if I wanted.

So, when Justin scoffed, "5K? You can't do that. You aren't in shape to do that..." my will power was lit with fire and I think that made me actually decide to do it.

Did I mention it was for a good cause? Proceeds go to breast cancer research. You should find a race near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment