Monday, February 3, 2014

Pregnancy Side Effects


Pregnancy does weird things to a woman.


It can change her body, change her mood, change her life.

There are cravings, aversions and "side effects."


The strangest thing I've experienced while pregnant is sneezing. If I am hungry and take a bite of food, I will, inevitably, sneeze. It is the weirdest thing, and I've only met one other person that has experienced this phenomenon. 
The other side effect I have had is "complex migraines." These aren't normal migraines - I have a dull headache, at best. But it is accompanied by "ocular disturbances," meaning that I get blurred vision on the right side of my field of vision. Then my hands, nose and mouth will go numb.  I talked to my OB and my general practitioner about it and "complex migraines" is the answer I got. They last for about half an hour from start to finish and come very irregularly, maybe one every couple of weeks. 




Doesn't that look delicious!?!




I love ice. I can't get enough of it. Apparently, ice is considered a "non food" item, which means I have Pica. Some people suggest that craving ice may mean that I have an iron deficiency. In fact, I do. Just got the phone call to start an iron supplement. I'm starting to worry that chomping ice is becoming a habit rather than a craving. 


4 comments:

  1. I am huge ice eater too. I have had the craving with my last 5 pregnancies. For me, it wasn't immediately, but it eventually goes away. This pregnancy has gradually made it's way to ice craving. It started with Icees then moved to smoothies and now is just ice. Oh that cup of ice above looks way delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary! I hope you can get the migraine thing figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing our ice machine is right around the corner from your cubicle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learn of the latest news and uses of #cbd oil products.
    such as #CBD News, How to use , its Benefits, reviews , risk , sideeffects and more
    at : https://cbdplan.net/

    ReplyDelete