Thursday, September 19, 2013

Grow, Bunny, Grow!


Bunny is growing!

It is almost unfathomable to think about how much this little bebe has grown in two weeks. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bunny is only the size of a grape - but that looks like a big grape!

I came to a conclusion today. Almost an epiphany. It is hard to explain the relationship of a surrogate with her Intended Parents. Even harder to explain the relationship with the child.

With my own pregnancy, I wasn't overly "ga-ga" over the idea of our little bundle of joy. Maybe it was more terrifying that exciting. I didn't make much of a big deal out of my pregnancy. I didn't tell many people and my mother and Justin both had to beg for the go-ahead to spread the good news. I loved my baby in utero, but I didn't get in a good bond until he smiled at me.

I was thinking about how much Bunny had grown and how exciting that was. Of course, I always find myself sending pictures or video of the appointment while still in the parking lot.

The difference between loving your own child and loving a surrogate child is that when there is a milestone, you get so excited for the parents. You try to imagine which one will be the mother hen and which one will the spoiler. As creepy as it sounds, I find myself day dreaming of their future. I love seeing the excitement in their faces every time we Skype and I'm so thankful that we have been extremely successful thus far.

It is pretty rare that I think things are happening to me. I more often think things are happening to us - Michael, Jason and myself. More often, I refer to things as happening for them. This is their pregnancy. This is their baby. I'm just excited to be a small part of it. I think that is the main difference of being a surrogate mama.

5 comments:

  1. What a cute bean!!!! Why didn't you post in our group???? Excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail on head. You got it, girl. I even know what bits of news to share with which IF, and who will be more excited/scared etc over each bit. With this child, it's not "my" baby at all. Not even my "pregnancy". Surreal, but so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan, I can't tell you (athough I'm sure you know) just how much your amazing gift means to Michael and Jason. On Sunday, I had to admire the whole drawer of baby clothes they've collected. SOOO sweet. They will be such amazing parents. And you are such an amazing person to give this to them. I'm following you all the way, and also putting in good words with the chicken man, just in case....Clodagh xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you!?! I figured a catch like the chicken man would already have a wife!

      Thank you for the support!

      Delete
    2. He may well have but these French chicken men love a good flirtation! I'll check him out when I'm down there next month...

      Delete