Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Moving along



Still nothing exciting on my end.

However, Michael and Jason are relaxing in France. I got an email this weekend stating that they were planning on "driving down."

Since I living in Kansas, I equate that with what would be a drive to Texas. That doesn't sound nearly as beautiful.

They are enjoying beautiful French countryside with sunflower fields. If I were to drive, I might be lucky to see a dead armadillo with a beer bottle propped in its puffy little hands. It just doesn't produce the same imagery.
This?
Or this?

They checked in today with plans of visiting the village market. Apparently the weather there is beautiful with crisp night air; enough to need a fire. Meanwhile, back here in Kansas, I am expecting a high of 90 degrees. Never mind that two days ago it was 60 degrees and two days from now we will have a high of 70.

Their is a fair at the village market and the semi-celebrity, Chicken Man, will be there. He is renowned for the quality of his organic Bresse chickens. What a man! If Justin and I don't work out this is who I plan on running away with.


I doubt this is what chicken man really looks like, but I can dream, can't I?!?




6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I'm dying laughing! This post had me cracking up. This is why I love living in North Carolina. The drive here was beautiful. Well the last half was haha. We want to move to Colorado and I have heard the drive to and from Colorado from Texas is so blah compared to driving to NC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are parts of the drive that are enjoyable...(note the silly armadillo). Don't let CO fool you, unless you are near the middle, there isn't much excitement, eastern CO just builds anticipation to reach Denver and far western CO is desolate and sparse.

      Delete
    2. There are parts of the drive that are enjoyable...(note the silly armadillo). Don't let CO fool you, unless you are near the middle, there isn't much excitement, eastern CO just builds anticipation to reach Denver and far western CO is desolate and sparse.

      Delete
  2. Where in KS are you? I have family all over and travel there often for family business! Mostly Holton, Topeka, Fairview and St. Jo (MO)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Kansas City, Ks. I know some people in Holton, though!

      Delete